"There is another world, but it is in this one." -Paul Eluard

1.24.2010

photos!

So sorry it took me a little longer than expected. I forgot how much of a pain moving in and dealing with reverse culture shock can be. Not to mention that I am starting nursing school already this week and I have been trying to switch off "vacation" mindset get myself remotely in the mindset of being a full-time student again, which has been trying. It still feels a little funny to be here, to be speaking English all the time and to know my way around (well, almost...). I catch myself mentally preparing to have to address problems in my second language before realizing that I do not in fact have to speak in Spanish to the clerk at the help desk or what have you. And every so often a little stutter slips into my speech as I catch a Spanish word right before it pops out of my mouth. Oh and I still can't get used to the sun setting at 4:30pm... But otherwise it is business as usual here in the (very cold) city of Denver. Summer and Montevideo seem far away and the huge stack of nursing school books sitting on my desk are an unavoidable reminder of what awaits me in the coming months. Lots of learning! Lots of new things! Lots of studying... not much sleep!

Anywho, I finally uploaded some pictures from my trip. The easiest way for you and me both was to put them in a photo album on Picassa- in case you aren't familiar with it don't worry, it's really user friendly. Just click on the link below and it will take you to a slideshow type thing where you can click through them as fast or slow as you'd like. There are in relatively chronological order... So enjoy! Hope you like the show:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=c.capsalis&target=ALBUM&id=5430530566148503313&authkey=Gv1sRgCMf-u5yLmNKlIA&feat=email

No comments:

Post a Comment