"There is another world, but it is in this one." -Paul Eluard

12.18.2009

fading into the sunset


Tomorrow morning I take off for Argentina again for a week. I will be spending 5 days in Buenos Aires and then heading with Antonela to her hometown of Santa Rosa, a city about the size of Boulder that is 6 hours south of BA. I'll be spending Christmas there with her and her family, then returning to Buenos Aires for another day before I catch my ferry back over the river to Uruguay. To say goodbye to Montevideo, my home of the last 3 months, I went for a sunset walk along the boardwalk with Gaby last night. We found ourselves at my favorite viewpoint of downtown right as the sun was sinking down...





The beach was full of people, and the rides at the small amusement park were hopping too!


Gaby and me


A fisherman trying for a late in the day catch.


What is that glowing red thing in Gaby's hand?!



With only three weeks of my trip left, I am feeling satisfied with the way that things have gone so far. I am looking forward to what is left, and I know that it will go by quickly and slowly all at the same time. Thinking of all of my friends and family at home as the holidays approach. I hope you all are well and enjoying getting in that good ol holiday spirit! Christmas trees and lights are popping up around the neighborhood, but it looks a little funny considering that it is far from winter here. The ones with the fake snow on them really crack me up, especially considering the fact that many uruguayans have never seen snow before! Well, unitl Argentina!

2 comments:

  1. Awesom! My boyfriend's cousin is from Santa Rosa. We spent a week there 2 years ago. I can't believe its as big as Boulder though, it felt relatively small.

    I am back home in Minnesota visiting now, its so cool to see everyone with lights up. In Valpo before leaving I saw nobody with decorations up except one neighbor had a xmas tree visible through the window.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot, girl! You're nearing the end! It feels like yesterday (to get all grandma on your ass) we were chatting in SE about upcoming travels....I just got home from SE Asia and Italy about two days ago myself...hard to believe it! Have a lovely time back in Argentina (you must be excited to see the familiar faces, no?) and hope to read more soon....
    -Emma Bo Bemma

    ReplyDelete