"There is another world, but it is in this one." -Paul Eluard

10.30.2009

Change in plans...

With the change in seasons here in Montevideo has come a sudden change
in my trip plans... In the last few weeks I have settled in to my
hostel home and formed a comfortable routine. My "bosses"- the owners
of the hostel ages 25 and 26- have become my good friends. The yoga
classes are becoming more popular as tourism season picks up and most
of the beds are occupied thruout the week. Several projects I have
organized to add flare and individuality to the hostel are just coming
into fruition. And the more people asked how long I am going to stay
here, the more I didn't like my answer... Thus, after much pondering
(and some helpful reaffirmation from my parents) I have decided to
suspend my travels to Columbia and stay in Uruguay instead! My
situation here in the hostel is just too good to let go of in only one
short month and there is too much to see...

Thus I will be here in my home away from home until January (with the
exception of a short visit to Buenos Aires in December)! In just a
moment I will post some pictures of my residence and my cohabitants,
and maybe even a little map to better orient you to my current
whereabouts... I also apologize for the fact that I no longer speak
English like a native speaker... I just isn't coming out quite like it
should...
I hope you all are well and getting ready to celebrate Halloween in
style up north!
more to come...
-cate

No comments:

Post a Comment